Hi guys,
Back from a fantastic day of hassling outside the union and being asked multiple times to "say something funny", we've been recruiting like crazy.
It was great to see such a range of ages, personalities and gender (well, I suppose that's more binary-we didn't have any hermaphrodites). We managed to reel in freshers, fellow ticket distributors, non-students, a girl with really brilliant shoes and also managed to fit in time for political and metaphysical discussions in which we received Socialist literature and a copy of "Basic Elements of the Christian Life". Altogether a successful day.
I know a lot of you signed up to get information about when we'll be off to open mic-nights or putting on a review, but I would implore everyone not to write off sketch writing or stand up straight away. Writing in groups can be a great experience and what with all the meeting and mingling that will be going on at socials, everyone is bound to find others with a similar sense of humour. Our fantastic Social Secretary Aimee Wigley is in the process of organising our first social, so I guess she'll let you know about that very soon.
On another note, we have just received an email from the People and Planet Society who have invited us to perform on December 1 for their festival "RAID" to raise money for AIDS charities. This is very exciting for all of us, especially for me, as apparently the pun I wrote on the poster that got us noticed wasn't as detrimental to our prospects as we'd feared.
Agnes
Thursday, 24 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment